January 2, 2018

2017 Blog in Review

Happy New Year!!! I didn't want to miss this tradition on the blog to recap our past year.


January
In January, we were just trying to survive winter so it was a boring month, we did a lot of puzzles, tried Escape the Room, I did a recap of all our Broadway adventures in 2016.


February
In February, we announced our pregnancy! Recapped the first trimester, and went to the last circus.


March
In March, we hit 20 weeks and shared our gender reveal. We also shared a lot from our Johnson's Guide to the Best of Bay Ridge series.


April
In April, we celebrated Easter and the launch of our church, I shared about my trainxiety, and Dan's parents came to visit.


May
In May, we ended the second trimester, we went to Boston for our spring trip and babymoon, saw Lion King on Broadway, and Dan shared a bit about approaching fatherhood.


June
In June, we hit 30 weeks with the pregnancy, I had my baby shower, and Mandy moved to New Jersey. My parents and older sister came to help with all of it.


July
In July, we were in our final countdown until baby's arrival. Dan turned 32, we revealed the baby's room, and I shared some thoughts about pregnancy and parenthood.


August
In August, KIP WAS BORN. And that's the best thing that happened the entire year. I also turned 31 and Dan and I celebrated our three year anniversary.


September
In September, Kip turned one month old, Auntie Jessy came for a visit, I shared a bit about my breastfeeding drama, we went apple picking in New Jersey, and I recapped our summer bucket list,


October
In October, Kip turned two months old, had another visit from Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, made a trip upstate to Boscobel for family photos, bought a car, and dressed-up for Halloween with our first family themed costume.


November
In November, Kip turned three months old, we made our first trip with Kippy and flew to Kansas to spend Thanksgiving with Dan's side of the family. We also finished our fall bucket list and had another weekend visit from our favorite Auntie Jessy.


December
In December, Kip turned four months old, Kip saw his first snow, and we did a lot of festive holiday stuff and loved having both Kippy and Mandy join in our favorite things. The highlight of the month was traveling to Colorado for Kip's first Christmas with my side of the family.


2017, was a fantastic year. And now that I've gone back through the blog and looked at lots of photos from the year to do this recap, I'm feeling happy, nostalgic, and a bit frantic about time. It all goes SO quickly and I'm trying to figure out how I can learn to savor it all more in 2018.

See past recaps:
2016 Blog in Review
2015 Blog in Review
2014 Blog in Review

No comments:

Post a Comment