August 8, 2017

Weekending it (birthday style)

Well my long weekend is coming to an end. It was great. A little vacation.

Mandy came over on Saturday and we all went shopping and went to my favorite restaurant for lunch. We tried to take advantage of the buy one get one free caramel macchiatos at Starbucks. But, apparently, I ordered wrong and we got yucky lattes. Silly little disappointments like that are totally amplified for me in these last weeks of the pregnancy. I'm a bit like an inconsolable toddler. It really annoyed Mandy. I rallied and we watched movies, played games, and hung out the rest of the night.

On Sunday we went to church, did a little more shopping, and went to the grocery store. We decided to celebrate our birthday on Sunday night since we really wanted cake. Dan went and got a cute 31 candle and tablecloth to add the spread.






Monday, our actual birthday, was miserable weather. Heavy rain all day which was really disappointing for us since we are sunnies and summer forever kind of girls. We got our favorite bagels for breakfast and then Mandy drove me to New Jersey to go to Home Goods and find some new shoes. We came back to Brooklyn to watch movies and then go out to dinner with Dan. Birthdays are different when you're 31. But we just had fun being together.

Today the weather was a little better so Mandy and I went on a long walk, did some errands, finished a few baby prep things and then said our goodbyes. SO hard to say goodbye but so much easier when we know we're still so close and the next visit isn't far away.

Tomorrow Dan and I go to our 39 week appointment (2 days shy of our due date). If I'm still not progressed then I have to go back to work. I'm discouraged already but I'm trying really hard to be patient and I know the little guy will be here soon! Just can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment