June 27, 2017

Weekending it

I'm really LOVING having Mandy so close-by to us now. We haven't lived close to each other since we moved from home off to college so it's like a whole new chapter for both of us!! Plus Dan and Mandy get along great so that helps too!

On Friday Mandy came into Brooklyn to meet me after I got off of work early for Summer Friday. We sorted all the baby clothes from the shower, clipped the tags, washed everything with the special baby detergent, folded everything, and filled up the dresser in the baby's room. It was a huge task on my list and it went so quickly with her help. Dan had a church event after work so Mandy and I had a girls night with dinner out.

Mandy slept over on Friday night and then Saturday morning she and Dan used their muscles to move furniture in the living room. Dan and I decided that the TV stand that we had, although we loved it, was just not baby safe and although we are a ways away from needing to baby-proof everything, we wanted to get this out of the way now. We moved the sideboard over to put the TV on top so now it is FAR out of reach. Mandy and I sorted everything in the sideboard and consolidated all the breakables into the two cabinets with the doors (which we intend to lock). Then we cleared some space in the middle for baby safe toys. I'm really happy with the end result and now we have a open spot for a kids table or just extra space.


After that big task was done we headed back to New Jersey with Mandy to indulge in the luxuries of suburban shopping!!!

Hobby Lobby!!!


Cheesecake Factory!!! I loved this place and I hadn't been to one in at least a decade. Menu was the same!!!



And a mall with a huge Barnes and Noble and a Target across the street...all within 10 minutes of her apartment. We got a lot of stuff off of our need-to-do/get list and then spent the rest of the night relaxing and watching Moana.

Sunday morning we did a bit more shopping at a different mall, also less than 10 minutes from her place, as well as a Home Goods. Dan let me go a little crazy but it felt really good to cross some things off of our list.


Then we all headed back to Brooklyn. When the traffic is good it takes only 30 minutes which is perfect! All three of us then took a long walk to get bubble tea and Mandy helped us haul our groceries home too! We tag-teamed and made pancakes for dinner before sending Mandy on her way home.


It felt like a vacation weekend for me since I'm not used to seeing Mandy when she isn't here for just a quick trip so it was great fun! Her apartment is absolutely darling and so homey and comfortable. I know it's a little safe haven for her and I'm so grateful we found it. We aren't planning on spending every weekend with Mandy but in this beginning phase before the baby arrives it's really fun to do some exploring. Summer is both of our FAVORITE time of year so it makes it even better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to be close too! I had a great weekend and I can't wait for more adventures!

    ReplyDelete