November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving Recap

Took me all day to post this since Kip gave me no good naps today. Wow, travel really messes with babies.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!! We had a great trip to Kansas to visit Dan's family.


I was terrified of taking Kip on the plane but he did awesome. Far exceeded my expectations. The worst part of the trip was the security line in New York followed by the taxi line in New York. The flights themselves were great. Kip slept in the Bjorn carrier for all three flights, was content during the layover, and was a mostly happy sleeper during all the car rides. He only fussed during the landing which was quickly resolved with a bottle. On the last flight home on Saturday I managed to nurse him and both Dan and I manipulated a poopy diaper change on our laps!





We had a great time visiting with over 30 of Dan's relatives. Kippy got loads of love from grandparents, great aunts and uncle, cousins, and even great, great aunts.









Terri Mom, Aunt Judy, and Aunt Kandi did a fabulous job preparing Thanksgiving meal with all the usual fixings and hosting a great day! The highlight was the special turkey which happened to be pregnant (lol)! That was a bit of a surprise.


And I helped make the Rice Krispie treat Turkey.


On Friday Dan and I drove over to visit his great grandma and grandpa's grave and introduce Kippy and then visited another great great aunt. And we also got a tour of the family land from Aunt Kandi.


In order to keep Kippy in a good visitor mood, I let him take all his naps in the carrier which I am of course paying the price for now. He has been a disaster in the sleep department since we came home. I've been trying to break it all day and both of us are miserable. Hopefully we can get things back in order by the end of the week.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a good first Thanksgiving! That Rice Krispie treat turkey is really cute.

    ReplyDelete