October 16, 2017

Weekending it

And another Monday rolls around...

We had a fantastic fall weekend. Before I recap, I wanted to share our Fall Bucket List.



I just made it on our wall chalkboard and kept it really basic because we have a baby around and can't expect too much.

This weekend we checked off two more items. Mandy stayed over Friday night and hung out with us and a couple from Dan's old college church intern days. We had pizza and after they left, Dan got stuck in our building elevator while taking the trash out! He was in there for over 40 minutes!! I was so grateful he had his phone with him to text me and that Mandy was here so she could wait in the lobby for the fire department while I stayed in the apartment with a sleeping Kippy.


Now, Dan was brave and perfectly fine. Had that been me...different story. I would have called 911 immediately and likely had a panic attack, curled up on the floor, and passed away. And now, I'm never getting in that elevator again.

After the elevator incident we didn't get to bed until super late on Friday night and Kip woke up at 5 am on Saturday, as usual. The plus side of a baby is getting the day started early. We all got ready and headed out in Mandy's car for a day-venture upstate at Boscobel.

Boscobel is a historic estate near Cold Springs, New York, about 2 hours outside of the city. Dan and I have been many times throughout our relationship and I even dreamed about getting married there before I saw the price tag. Summer during our dating days. Fall, just before getting engaged, and Winter when we sat on Santa's lap and were so giddy to start wedding planning. We've taken my parents and Dan's parents to visit. This time was Mandy's first visit. See related posts here.

The leaves have just started to change so it wasn't quite as colorful as I wanted but it was still gorgeous and we had fantastic weather. The clouds cleared and we had perfect lighting for photos. Mandy took some amazing photos for us. Just what I wanted.










Kip did SO good on the trip. He was content and napped in the car. I nursed him in the parking lot when we got there. He was chill during the photos and then took another nap while we had lunch, explored Cold Springs, and we even had time for ice cream. I nursed him again before we headed back towards the city and he only got fussy the last half hour of the drive home when we were stuck in traffic. We all had a great day.

THANKS MANDY! Her car and generosity in helping us with Kip has really made for a fun season so far. If it wasn't for her (and her car) Dan and I would probably never venture out of our area with Kip. Seriously considering getting a car now.

We got Kippy a little souvenir teddy bear named Toothpick. SO CUTE.


On Sunday, we went to church and Kippy slept through the whole service!! We followed church with a trip to a French pastry shop for a treat, Trader Joes, and saying goodbye to Mandy. Dan watched the KC Chiefs game while I worked on part of our family halloween costume...stay tuned.

Have a great start to your week!

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable!!! You guys live in such a great place for all these day trips you get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister did a great job with those pictures. They all turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete