September 18, 2017

Weekending it

This is my last full week home with Kippy. Next week I start back to work part-time working three days a week. I'm sad it went so fast. Sad that I already have less time with Kip but I'm also really sad to have less time with Mandy and with Dan. I've loved my days with them. But, I'm trying to focus on the positive aspects of having to go back to work. One, my subway commute. Never thought I'd say I'm looking forward to those, and honestly, I'm not. But I'm excited to have 40 minutes to potentially sleep on the train! Another positive, I'll only have to worry about pumping and not panic when I'm pumping right as Kip needs to be fed, or changed, or soothed. Three, I can eat my lunch without inhaling it in less than 30 seconds. Four, mental challenge. Changing diapers just doesn't engage the same part of my brain as my desk job...who knew?

So, this week, I'm hoping to treasure my Kippy-time and not get too overwhelmed with the fussing or days with no naps.

This weekend was bliss. Mandy, once again, came through with her help and set us all off on an adventure to go apple picking in New Jersey. Dan found a place not too far from her apartment so we loaded-up on Saturday morning and Mandy drove us to a cute little orchard with pick-your-own apples AND peaches. There was also a corn maze, lots of fun stuff for kids, food, apple cider donuts, apple cider slushes, and a pumpkin patch. We just did the apple/peach picking and grabbed some slushes and donuts from the store. Maybe next year we'll go back when Kip is bigger and do some of the other attractions.










We had a blast but it was HOT. And the stroller we have was not made for off-roading so it was somewhat difficult but I'm glad we had some family fall fun and will be enjoying apples and peaches all week.






Mandy stayed over Sunday night and helped me get over my subway anxiety by forcing me to load-up Kip and get on the subway to go to church. Dan had to get there early so if Mandy had not been with me I would not have gone but she pushed me to do hard things, to get out and get back at life. I am glad she did (although I asked if we could just take her car about a dozen times). Was the subway with a stroller and baby easy? HECK NO. But we survived and enjoyed church and treated ourselves to Starbucks afterwards.


You guys, it's 8:15 am and Kip is still sleeping. WHAT IS THIS WORLD??? Hoping for a good day with my lil guy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have noted the positive aspects of going back to work! Most moms don't understand those and it makes it so much harder! Forty extra minutes to nap- that sounds like Heaven! And you are right-- just being able to think about pumping and pumping only, and being able to actually EAT are both positive things. Have you heard of the medela pump wipes? I used them before and plan to use them this time too to wipe down pump parts in between pumping sessions so that I don't have to soap-and-water wash the parts til the evening. I go back next week Wednesday. How are our babies already over a month old?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I have the wipes! Also, I keep my parts in a Tupperware and store the container in the fridge between pumps so the parts don't need to be washed. Saves so much time. Time is flying

      Delete