April 24, 2017

Weekending it

Wow, what a way to start the week. You know how I mentioned my trainxiety? Well, things were going well for too long so that obviously had to change. This morning I got on a train right away, got a seat and was casually reading my book. It wasn't too crowded but it was moving extra slow so I put my music on to help drown-out wayward thoughts. Then the train stopped in a station and just sat there for 15 minutes. Never a good sign.

Apparently a train had stalled on the bridge and therefore all other express trains were being rerouted over the local line. That meant, the train I was on (local R) was somewhere in a long line of trains waiting for the local line to clear so we could get through. I stayed on that train for one more stop and then got off since it was moving extra slow, stopping for several minutes, and then stalling at each and every station. I waddled 12 blocks to the nearest hub station where I could catch another train that wasn't messed-up by the delay. It was my least favorite train but it was moving and I was already 10 minutes late to work and still in Brooklyn. I eventually got to work, 30 minutes late.

Later in the day my boss told me my dress looked like a firetruck, but she "meant it in a good way." Huh? And I just realized there is a stain on the front of my dress. So, happy Monday!

In more positive news reporting, this weekend was a blast. Dan's parents were visiting and we had a great time with them.


Terri Mom came bearing gifts for the baby boy and OH MY GOODNESS she brought the cutest outfits ever!!!


This tiger adorableness is from Aunt Kandi and it is so so sweet.


This airplane get-up was the outfit that Dan wore home from the hospital as a newborn, nearly 32 years ago!! Isn't that neat! So special.


When I got home from work on Friday there were my favorite flowers on the table! In-laws spoil me rotten!!!


On Saturday we went into the city to see a matinee show on Broadway. I was excited because it was our first show for 2017. Dan and I bought tickets to The Great Comet last month based on a recommendation. Unfortunately, it was extremely disappointing and I was so sad that we missed the opportunity to take Terri Mom and Allen Dad to see something awesome.



The stage was cool and the lighting was neat but the plot was lame, the story made no sense, the lead actress was not good, the music was not memorable, and Josh Groban only sang two songs. Don't waste your time on that show.

Afterwards we met Dan's cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney at Olive Garden in Times Square and enjoyed a nice dinner with them and Kaleigh's fiance. I regret that I didn't think to get a photo.

Sunday we went to church and then to Buy Buy Baby to blow a 20% off coupon. The glider chair we wanted was eligible for the coupon and the salesman told us there was one left in stock! Turned out it was already sold so he tried to do a custom order which didn't work. Then he called the store in Manhattan and they were also sold out. One long phone call later and we got one out in New Jersey reserved for us to pick-up next weekend. It felt a little like the Amazing Race trying to get our hands on that chair before it too was marked "sold." Here is a picture of the floor model.


The photo makes it look a little blue but it's dark gray and is perfect for the room. It has a narrow frame and a high back is which perfect for resting your head. AND it reclines!! I'm super excited about it and so grateful for Terri Mom and Allen Dad's generosity. I'll think of them every time I snuggle-up with the baby in it.

It's a four-day work week for me as Mandy arrives on Friday for an epic short trip aimed exclusively at finding her an apartment. But yay! I get to see her and I get a day off and it will be fun despite the apartment hunt.

1 comment:

  1. Those baby outfits are adorable. And I love that you now have Dan's hospital outfit.

    ReplyDelete