January 4, 2018

Looking Back at 2017

My other New Years blog tradition...filling out these little printables to take a snapshot of the last year.



2017 will probably be one of the most vivid years of my life. With our first pregnancy and first baby, all my emotions were heightened and every day moments were impressed upon my memory far more than usual. I have a good memory as it is but this year everything was amplified. I have a feeling in 2018 I'll be saying a lot of "...remember this time last year..."

Coming out of 2016, we were weary and a bit lost. But 2017 brought us so much redemption. We found a new church home and really plugged-in with new friends and a new energy for serving. We had many wonderful dates and special occasions that we treasured knowing our time as just the two of us was limited. Mandy moved to New Jersey and brought with her SO much laughter and happiness. We really enjoy her company. And, of course, the star of the year is Kipling. Parenthood is hard and complicated and brings with it a lot of stress and uncertainty. But he is just a bundle of love and light and he fills that space between our hearts, bonding Dan and I together more and more as a family.

2017, I loved you. I'm hopeful 2018 will be just as grand.

Looking Back at 2016
Looking Back at 2015 
Looking Back at 2014

I got these cute print-outs here  

No comments:

Post a Comment