December 29, 2017

Christmas Download

We had a great Christmas break traveling to Colorado to celebrate with my family. Dan and I swap holidays every year so that each side of our families gets Christmas AND Thanksgiving. This year we did Thanksgiving with Dan's family and Christmas with mine.

Kip's first Christmas!!!!


It was extra special this year because it has been about a decade since my parents, sisters, and I have all been together for Christmas in our childhood home in Colorado. Every other year either I've been with Dan's family in Kansas or we celebrated in Chicago when my grandma was alive. It was really fun to have Kippy in my home and for us all to be together. Mandy helped my mom decorate the house over Thanksgiving and I loved seeing all the old ornaments from when I was a kid.



Mandy, Dan, Kippy, and I flew out of New Jersey last Friday and returned on Wednesday. It felt like a nice long trip and we all had a lot of fun. Kippy did pretty well on the flights and kept-up his typical sleep routine (short naps and long nights). It was hard adjusting him back two hours for the time zone difference but that only really messed with his morning wake time.

 

We ate great food, lazed around watching TV, decorated Christmas cookies, played with Kippy, assembled two puzzles, Dan and I had a little errand date just the two of us, I practiced driving (it's been awhile and I need to reacquaint myself before hitting the streets of NYC), looked at Christmas lights, we went mall shopping, and my parents watched Kippy one night while Dan, Mandy, and I saw The Greatest Showman. The movie was meh but the music was epic. We agreed the story would have translated better on Broadway.

But enough of the chatter, we're all here for the pictures!


Morning snuggles with Marmie.

This is Mandy with my Uncle's dog, Daisy. She is very old but SO sweet.






We had a white Christmas Eve!



 


These are our favorite types of puzzles to do because they aren't super hard and have a lot of interesting things to look for and sort. We did these in less than 36 hours.



Kippy and Poppa!


Kippy enjoyed the Christmas tree lights.


Sweet smiles with Auntie Jessy.


Kippy pooped-out his Christmas jams before we opened presents but we had three festive bibs to wear throughout the day.




Kippy loved the Christmas wrapping paper and he actually started playing with (re: eating) some of the toys he got!





 




Dan took this nice photo of the five of us. Paper crowns from Christmas party crackers.



Merry Christmas!!!

And last but not least, this is our dog, Addy. She is over 15 years old and this was probably the last time we'll see her. She is such a sweet and loyal pup.

No comments:

Post a Comment