August 5, 2014

Weekending it - Coney Island Style

The big event for this past weekend was one of the planned youth group events.  Although the weather was gloomy and rainy we didn't cancel and took four of the youth group guys to Coney Island to see the Cyclones minor league baseball game. 

I was not really thrilled about going because I was the only girl.  It was cold and gloomy.  And I wanted to play house at the apartment.  But I went and it ended up being pretty fun.


We got to Coney Island early and stopped at It'Sugar which is a giant candy store.  I filled a bag with yummies and Dan bought it for me probably because I was being a pill but maybe because he loves me??


Then we walked around the boardwalk looking for the arcade and Dan stopped to play a basketball game.  It cost $8 and he made two baskets (he didn't make more because the rim was "loose" and the balls were flat).  He won a tiny Minion. 


We got to the stadium early because it was Star Wars night and they were giving out free Padwan Pee Wee bobble heads!


Our seats were in the bleachers (I call them the rock pile because that's what it's called at the Colorado Rockies baseball stadium).  Since it was minor leagues the seats were good and we were only a couple hundred feet from the outfield.  There were all kinds of goofy Star Wars things going on and every once in awhile characters would come out on the field and act out Star Wars stuff (can you tell I don't know much about Star Wars?).

Later Dan spent 30 minutes waiting in line for a Nathan's hot dog and cheese fries.  It was pretty cute because the teen guys were worried about why he was taking so long.  It took all my authority to convince them not to go and look for him.  Anyways, Dan returned safely.  Yum!

The Cyclones killed it, winning 8-1.

On our summer bucket list we had put down "seeing the fireworks at Coney Island."  They shoot off fireworks after the game but we couldn't stay to see them because we had to get the teens back.  We saw two shoot off while the subway was pulling away.  That counts right?

Overall a good night and a good event. 
Parachute drop on the Boardwalk all lit-up.  Sorta like fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. I paid for candy cause I love u and u had to deal with teenage boys that evening. Figured candy would make that better

    ReplyDelete