August 23, 2014

To Love's Eternal Glory - The entryway

So my twin sister Mandy loves The Office.  She had seen all of the episodes at least a dozen times each and her favorites many times more.  You can give her a funny quote and she can tell you who said it and what episode it is from.  She kills at The Office trivia game.

Dan and I like watching The Office too since all the seasons are on Netflix.  Even though we haven't seen the episodes as much as Mandy, I can usually catch an Office reference and I like quizzing her knowledge via text.

So when we got Mandy's wedding gift in the mail I knew exactly what the goofy statement on her card meant:

To love's eternal glory!
It's a quote from The Office.  I can't explain it without the humor being lost so here is the dialogue:


Oh Mandy, you're a hoot and a half.

Anyways, Mandy got us the bedspread and dust ruffle and lots of other great things.  Sissies are sure spoiling Dan and me...actually everyone is thanks guys!  Mandy also took it upon herself to "design" the entryway as a swap for the fact that I wouldn't let her throw a bridal shower.  I mentioned that back here.

Well, we are about 75% done with setting-up the apartment and it will likely take months to tack off the last 25% so to please the masses and get Mandy off my back about finishing the entryway, here it is.






This is from etsy.  It is from reclaimed barn wood and hand painted.  It is supposed to be hung at different heights

Mandy found these cute prints and framed them.  Dan and I had a heck of a time hanging them but we like that the center one is higher.  It's something we have always said to each other

Little shelf nook with lots of room left to fill
Mandy picked and purchased the furniture and lamps and even got us the great wall art.   Anything adorable in our apartment that is made of felt was handcrafted by Mandy including the cute hello banner and season changing wreath.  She has an etsy shop called Hopscotch and Honey go check it out.

Thanks Mandy!!! We love it all and I am very sorry it took me so long to post the pictures.  Forgive me?

2 comments: