August 13, 2014

Coming along

So I know you all are probably dying for another apartment video with the full reveal...so am I.  Soon I tell you!!! See the first empty apartment tour here.

Dan and I have been working so hard every weekend and most week nights after work to move my things over and arrange and fix and decorate and so on.  We want to be 95% done by the time we leave for the wedding so that we can relax during our homeymoon. 

Last week I was feeling in the doldrums because it felt like nothing was getting done and we kept running into obstacles.  On Saturday we went to IKEA with the hope of getting the last pieces of furniture but it turns out they weren't in stock so we had to special order them and they won't be delivered until this coming Saturday.  So that was a bummer.

But, Dan's mom and dad got us a bed frame for the mattress we got back on Memorial Day and it was delivered last week.  We spent Saturday, after IKEA, putting it together.  Good grief it was tough.  Even though the frame consisted of approximately 6 pieces we had a heck of a time interpreting the instructions.  But we preserved and got it done.  Shortly after we got the frame put together, the mattress was delivered!  I had bought bed bug mattress covers as a precaution but one of them wasn't the right kind so we huffed it over the Century 21 to get another one and then trekked back.  Let me tell you people, the amount of walking Dan and I have done related to the gosh darn move is astounding.  Also, hauling.  If it wasn't for our granny cart and Dan's folding dolly we would be in big trouble.  (If I make it through this move with only one shirt not destroyed by pit stains it will be a miracle.)

Loads at my place to haul over to the new place
We are also putting the kids of the mail center owner through college with the amount of boxes we've been picking up.  It's a safe place to have stuff sent but it costs $2 per box so when Amazon sends everything in an order in a separate box we end up with empty pockets and an excess of cardboard.  At least they come in handy for packing? 

Boxes piling up at my old place
Last night Dan and I met over at the new place instead of cooking at my old apartment.  I gave my old pots and pans to a guy from my undergrad that recently moved to NYC and connected-up with us.  I'm glad he'll give them another life.

Old
New
 I got to try out my new pots and cook for the first time in our new kitchen!! We are still missing a ton of essentials, like silverware, but we made it work.  Nothing like the blue box to power-up.

I promise we aren't 3 years old. We just eat like we are.
Then! We put the new sheets and duvet on the bed for the full reveal!  I am in love with the bed frame.  We thought when we picked it that it was a brass color but it is closer to black and I couldn't be more happy.  It matches perfectly with the new dressers and night tables.  We now feel like real adults with a real bed.

Twinkle lights for a cozy flare
We also finished-up the bathroom.  If you'll remember, it was a disaster. Please click that link so you can fully remember the nastiness.   So, we painted the sink stand to match the shower curtain.  Dan re-did the caulking to make things tidy.  We got a new mirror/medicine cabinet and got rid of the old rusty one.  And finally put everything in place.  Nothing is perfect but it is definitely better and that's all we can hope for and we are happy.



Video to come...stay tuned.

1 comment: