August 18, 2014

Scrambled eggs brain

People we have twelve days until the wedding. 12! [insert blurry-eyed-sweaty-pits panic mode].  We have been so busy getting things moved and put together at the new apartment and keeping up with all of our normal responsibilities that I sort of just pushed the whole wedding thing to the back of my mind.  Also we have totally neglected to keep-up with our paper-chain countdown...it says we have 18 days left...

You know that feeling you get the night before school starts and you have your outfit laid out and your backpack all ready and you feel totally set?  And then you go to bed all excited for the next day but have a dream that you go off to the first day of school and you aren't wearing any pants and you try to pretend like everything is cool but everyone else is like...umm, where are your pants? 

Yeah.  That's how I feel right now. 

I have so many running lists in my head, on paper, in my phone, in Dan's phone, all over that everything is getting mixed up liked scrambled eggs.  Yesterday I thought I was supposed to teach in the pre-k class at church and I prepared a lesson and everything and then realized that I wasn't on the schedule.  And who is in charge of the schedule?  Oh yeah, that's me. I only know it's Monday today because I'm at work.  I can't keep anything straight.  How can anyone expect me to be productive right now? 

Therefore I will blog about all of this so I can make sense of it in my head.  Bare with me and try not to get stressed out yourself.  

Things that still need to get done for the wedding
- finish getting wedding party thank you gifts
- wrap everyone's presents and pack in the "to be checked" bag
- start packing the "this is important don't let it out of your site" carry on bag
- SOLIDIFY ceremony music
- Recruit/confirm someone will "run" the music at the ceremony 
- Make sure we have all our lists done for the reception DJ
- Get the final head count to give to the caterer
- Print all the stuff needed for the hotel welcome boxes
- Check with hotel to make sure we have a way of distributing the welcome boxes
- find an outfit to wear to the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner
- create a wedding day-of itinerary
- keep-up with registry gift thank-yous

Things that still need to be done at the new apartment
- follow-up with IKEA to get our missing box for the tv stand
- assemble the tv stand
- bug proof the entire apartment (not for the actual prevention it will bring (cuz it wont) but for sanity preservation).  More on this later.
- organize the mounds of stuff accumulated on the front desk
- finish assembling the entryway
- blog the final apartment tour video

Things to get done a the old apartment
- finish transporting all the last bits of stuff
- take bags to salvation army to donate
- sweep/dust/mop/scrub walls
- clean kitchen area
- scrub down the bathroom
- figure out what to do with the old desk (leave it, disassemble it, put it outside?)
- return keys and give thank you note to landlord (triple cross my fingers that I get my deposit back)
- blog about a tearful goodbye to 2C
- cancel Verizon, ConEd, and National Grid accounts for 2C

Other stuff
- think about a menu for the Brooklyn gathering
- address and mail the invites to the Brooklyn gathering
- Drop Amazon return box at UPS
- pick-up accumulating boxes at the mail center
- do something about my jungle eye brows

There is only one thing to do about these lists...BLITZ

No comments:

Post a Comment