August 25, 2014

Five day countdown

People, we have five days.  This week is crazy town bonkers and although I am excited it just feels like we are running down a hill and going too fast and we are about to trip over our feet and wipe out.  Splat!

We have been busy busy blitzing the mega list I posted back here and there is definite progress but for the more we knock out there seem to be more added to the list. 

This is what our weekend looked like:

On Friday after work I cleaned out my little studio apartment.  I am glad to be moving on but it was still sad to say goodbye to a place that saw me through so many important milestones in my life. 


On Saturday, Dan and I spent over an hour in line at IKEA trying to get some sort of update on our partial TV stand.  Unfortunately it is out of stock and so who knows when we will get it delivered and put together.  Hopefully before the Brooklyn gathering.  We were supposed to receive a call or an email from the clerk that we spoke with as she assured us that she would get in touch, personally, by Monday.  Hmmm, Monday is nearly over. 


After IKEA I talked to our DJ on the phone to finalize details while Dan and I walked around Best Buy to get an antenna and DVD player with the gift card my big sissy, Jessy, and brudder Josh got us.  We want to get some speakers once we see what sort of space we have with the TV stand. 

We also went to Target and swam upstream in the crowded mess of back to school shopping. Never again. 

Dan went out on Saturday night with church friends for a bachelor party (hopefully he will post something about that) while I flew solo and addressed the invitations to the Brooklyn gathering.

On Sunday after church Dan and I went with a super talented friend from church to get my hair fixed-up to look and feel a little special for the wedding.  Post about that next!


Sunday night we finally forced ourselves to practice some swing dancing to look a little spiffy on the dance floor for our first dance as a married couple.  Hopefully we can pull it off!! 


We leave for Chicago in less than 48 hours and I have like 6 days worth of stuff still left to accomplish. 

Registry highlights from this weekend: 

Kissing hedgies from Grandma Wilson
Silverware from Dan's Aunts and Cousins
YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment