June 9, 2014

Weekending it

So it's the second week of June and it's exhausting.  How come summer is more busy than the rest of the year? 

This Saturday we had our second annual Rummage/Bake Sale for church.  It was great weather and we had a huge amount of donated items and help from lots of people in the church.  The youth and kids were "hosting" and they did a good job.  We raised about $500 for the Compassion Child the kids support and some money for the Mexico mission trip.  I picked up a book, DVD and some iPod cases.  Both Dan and I got rid of a lot of our stuff in preparation for moving!  My trusty IKEA chair sold for a whopping $1.


Directly after the Rummage/Sale I had to go to my dress rehearsal for my dance recital at the end of the month.  Last year was my first year performing and let's just say I lacked confidence in the dance and I felt like I did in 5th grade when I had to do a number at the church Christmas pageant and I clearly did not memorize the moves.  Anyhow, this year I am more comfortable and feel better about the dance.  It's a duet so I really can't try to hide my mistakes.  The costume is better this year too...it at least covers my bum.  It's a tap dance with a bit of Latin flare...think maracas!  The actual recital is June 29th.  

I look like a giant in this picture :o|
Directly after my rehearsal Dan and I jetted into the city to go to Chipotle and to see A Midsummer Night's dream at the New York City Ballet.  For the past two years I've purchased a subscription to the NYCB but I cannot afford that anymore so this was my last time.  We only stayed for the first half because let's face it...it can be boring and after a loooong day we were both super tired.  We grabbed some ice cream after and ate it in Central Park before heading back to Brooklyn.


Sunday was a more mellow day.  We did our church gig and then binge watched Prison Break on Netflix.  Highly recommend!  Caught some sunnies in the park and put together our summer bucket list! 



Happy June!

2 comments:

  1. Sunnies are my favorite part of summer. I don't have a bucket list for summer, just throwing caution to the wind and going suning

    ReplyDelete