August 15, 2014

Dan vs. the window blinds

Dan is probably the most patient, gracious, and amiable person I know.  People at church, and everywhere really, flock to the guy.  He will listen, not judge, speak in a soft voice, never yell, rarely take offense, and hardly ever, ever get angry.

This girl?  No sir.  Patience is not my strength.  Sometimes when I'm annoyed about a situation I'll just look at Dan with my jaw dropped and wonder how in the world he's not cringing in frustration like me.  He is teaching me to try harder in this area and it is HARD.

There were times when I've wondered if anything ever irks that boy.  Then we started getting things ready at the new apartment and that is when we discovered his trigger point...installing window blinds.

Yes people, he is patient to start and goes into the task with perseverance and has always followed through but he is not a fan.

It didn't help that we have 6 windows at the new apartment.  In one weekend he installed 5 of the shades and it was an effort.  I stalled for a whole month about putting up a shade in the second bedroom but since we are moving the last of the stuff today (eek!) we decided we needed something to keep the neighbors from peeping.  He put the blinds up yesterday morning on his own.  These are the texts that I got about the process:



Don't worry, I was just kidding about making him replace the blinds.  I don't have a death wish.

Despite the frustration he got the job done and didn't lose and limbs in the process.  And he did a fantastic job.  Thanks Buddy!


You all know if I had been in charge of putting up those blinds I would have gone all mega devil Godzilla on them and karate chopped them in half out of my frustrated rage and you would find me in the corner of the room curled up in a puddle of tears. I'm just graceful like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment