August 11, 2014

Birthday Traditions

Last year for my birthday, Dan surprised me by taking me to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.  It was super wonderful and such as sweet surprise.


At some point in this last year (or maybe before then) I mentioned that I wanted to see Matilda.  And for someone who says they have a bad memory...Dan remembered and got us tickets to see this show this year on my birthday.


So two times makes it a tradition right?  I think so.  Chipotle for dinner and a Broadway show, now that's my idea of a perfect birthday treat!

Matilda was great.  It had an amazing set and I just love watching cute young kids with such amazing talent.  The little girl who played Matilda was perfect.  There were some awesome special effects as well like laser beams that shot across the whole theater.  I got three of the songs on my phone the next day and listened to them on repeat, as is my custom with new song obsessions.

Before the show Dan presented me with a bag filled with my favorite candy, some cash for clothes, and cute cards.  One that he made and one that he signed on behalf of all my snuggle buddies.  So cute. 


Now meet our newest friend.  Squirrely!  He is the cutest hedgehog in the world!! Terri Mom got him for me, along with a ton of other awesome stuff, and I love him.  His squealing makes me happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment