December 1, 2014

Holiday visitors recap

Hi everyone!  Sorry we've been absent for several days.  We were soaking-in the holiday and family time.  But now it's Monday - blah - and back to work but we've got lots of fun things to share from the past week so stick around!! 

My parents arrived last Sunday and my twin sister Mandy came early in the morning on Wednesday (like 1 am early).  Dan and I stayed up late to wait for her.  We passed the time playing Mancala and watching Jimmy Fallon.


On Wednesday it rained all day (it was supposed to be snow but never got cold enough in the city).  We took everyone to see the 9/11 Memorial and Museum and then we went to dinner afterwards.  Everyone liked the museum despite the massive crowds.    


After dinner we headed to Times Square.  As a special way of thanking my parents and Mandy for their extra help with the wedding, Dan and I got tickets for all of us to go and see a Broadway show.  We picked Once which has won many awards and was highly recommended.  It was different than many of the shows we've seen because the set never changed and the instruments were played by the cast on the stage.  Overall we really liked it (especially my parents) but Mandy and I agreed we love shows with more energy. 




Stay tuned - Turkey post coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment