December 29, 2014

A Kansas Christmas

So Dan and I are both back at work today.  B O O H O O.  Looking back at our holiday last week I am so sad Christmas is over but I'm holding onto the merriment a bit longer and listening to Christmas music right now.  We are also keeping our Christmas decor up until the new year because why tear it all down the day after???

Anyways, last week we treasured our time in Kansas.  We arrived last Monday and made our first stop at Chick-fil-a to introduce Dan's parents to the goodness that is a novelty for us New York residents.  Yum...waffle fries.

Then we went to Legends which is an epic outlet mall that has my top three favorite stores in discount form.   I declare it a tradition to go to Legends every time we go to Kansas now, we have gone literally every single time we come to visit.  Terri Mom and I bonded over looking at baby clothes.  I was picking some things up for a friend who is about to pop and we swooned over tiny corduroy dresses from Osh Kosh.

After Legends we went to Hobby Lobby and I was literally in heaven.  Mandy and I used to go to Hobby Lobby every week when we were in high school.  I haven't been back since college and I totally forgot how awesome that place is.  There were sales on everything I wanted and we picked up a ton of stuff including a Christmas card holder for our decor next year.  We also got a great piece of wall art I'll reveal in an upcoming post.   

The rest of our first day we spent playing with Baby


And decorating the Christmas tree retro style with all of the old Precious Moments ornaments and one new ornament that is pretty precious too :o)





Up next: Presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment