December 8, 2014

The Rockettes

Last weekend while Mandy was here Dan and I treated her to the famous Radio City Christmas Spectacular - The Rockettes. It was epic-licious (Dan's new word).




Dan and I had both been to see the Rockettes several years ago (before we were dating) and it was great.  I knew Mandy would love it so Dan and I decided to splurge while we had her out here.  On Saturday after we did all of our shopping and city lights exploring (read about that here) we headed over to Radio City Music Hall for the show. 





It was amazing!  In fact a lot of the numbers were different than the time Dan and I saw the show a few years before so it was like seeing it for the first time.  It was bright, cheerful, festive, and oh so entertaining.  We all had a blast.  




Unfortunately my iPhone didn't take the best photos from where we were sitting but trust us when we say if you ever have the chance to go see the Rockettes - DO IT!  There is a 3D part where Santa flies out over the audience, a live nativity scene with camels and sheep, a number with an ice skating rink on stage, and this year there were these large snow balls on drones that flew out over the audience.  Awesome.







Cool tid-bit:  I heard on the news yesterday that each show contains 350 of the iconic line kicks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment