December 2, 2014

Deck the Halls

I absolutely love Christmas decorations.  I loved putting ornaments on the tree when I was little and my sister and I had special places for everything at my parents house.  Decorating is a lot of work if you have a house but apartment sized decorating is much easier ;o)

At my old studio apartment I had little decorations here an there and a teeny tiny desk tree but that was it.  When Dan and I got this apartment I was excited for us to get a real sized tree and I started gathering decorations all the way last year.

The day after Thanksgiving Mandy, Dan, and I pulled everything out and had the ultimate blast decking out the place.

It really doesn't take much to make something festive.  We put a tablecloth and holiday runner on the table.  We hung retro outdoor lights on the blank wall and then put up the tree.




Last year after Christmas we stocked up on a few clearance things at Pier One and we used paper clips to hang the ornaments.

Earlier this month I asked Mandy to make some felt ornaments for us too.  They turned out so so cute!  She also made us a new door sign that says "merry."


One of the traditions I wanted to start last year was for Dan and me to get a new ornament (or two) that represents something from that year (yes, I know a lot of people do this tradition).  Last year we got a cute little engaged one.  See its first appearance here.


This year when we were in Cape May we got an adorable wedded first Christmas ornament and one to represent our homey-moon.  Squeeee!


It makes me so happy to see our tree up and gives me the excited little kid feeling whenever I walk into the living room where most of our decorations are located. It just makes everything feel warm and cheery all over.  


Other details around the apartment include the Christmas garland Mandy and I made on Thanksgiving.  We hung our stockings in the hall on the bookshelf.  I added peppermint garland to the kitchen and of course no Christmas decorating is complete without a nativity scene.  





So happy we have a whole month to enjoy the red, green, sparkle, and excitement that comes with Christmas decorations.

This is my first ever link-up and I decided to join Andrea at Momfessionals.  Check out her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment