December 30, 2014

Top Four

People!  I discovered Hobby Lobby online today!!  And all the world rejoiced!

In more serious and important news...Today is December 30th - our 4 month anniversary.  We aren't very good at remembering to do something special during these first 12 months (the only year when months count) except we have maintained the tradition of re-reading our vows on this day and that's pretty cool.

Today, though, I wanted to take the opportunity to share my top four favorite things about Dan.  Because he is pretty special and sometimes I just need to come out and say it. 

Dan -

1) You are patient and kind.  Always.  I admire those traits so much because I often struggle with them myself and I marvel at the ease with which you display those character traits especially around people who least deserve it (including me sometimes).  You are an amazing role model and I look forward to seeing the kind of amazing dad you will be in the future when/if we have littles. 

2) You are the best snuggle buddy.  For someone who didn't know how to snuggle before 6 months into our relationship I'd say you had natural skills that were just dormant.  For whatever others perceive snuggling to be...for us it's purely innocent.  Just being close.  No words just comfort and to me it feels like the safest place in all the world.

3) You try so hard at everything that you do.  You are tremendously giving of your time and attention to anyone and everyone who seeks it - almost to a fault.  Daily you do whatever you can to help me out even when I am being Mega Devil.  You make the bed, you make me breakfast and lunch, you do the dishes, you help prepare dinner, you are learning to be tidy, you greet me when I come home with a cheerful "Hi sweetie!" and so so so much more.  You are infinitely more than I could ever ever deserve and I don't thank you nearly enough for all your effort in all that you do.

4)  You love me.  No one has ever loved me the way that you do and I don't think that anyone else ever will.  My heart knew that you were mine right away and it ached for years waiting for you to see me.  Those were hard times for me but in some ways that longing and waiting was crucial.  The kind of love that you give is so genuine and pure that I don't think I could have appreciated it quite the same as I do now, knowing how much it is worth.  Thank you for accepting me for who I am and for sharing your love with me.


 Happy 4 month anniversary Buddy.  I love you!  Mmmmaaahhh 

No comments:

Post a Comment