December 16, 2014

Shake it up

So Dan an I decided we'd watched too much TV lately and although we love to veg out and watch Forensic Files on Netflix we realized the weekend felt so lame because we watched TV 75% of the time.

Although we generally watch TV after getting home from work and eating dinner, last night we decided to do a puzzle and listen to Christmas music instead - to shake things up.  It was perfect.  Just the right amount of mental stimulation, a product to marvel at our hard work, and quality time spent together without the company of the TV.  And let me tell you, in my idea of heaven there will be Christmas music all year and candles everywhere.





Side story: When I was a kid I really detested worship time at church.  I did not enjoy singing.  I did not enjoy the songs. I did not enjoy watching people get "all into it."  I remember a Sunday school teacher or youth leader telling us that eventually when we meet Jesus we will all bow down and worship Him 24/7.  I was not thrilled with that bit of information.  But now that I'm older and wiser I see that worship is not just singing and even if singing is involved I could totally get "all into it" belting out Silent Night. 

PS - we have two new ornaments on our tree - hand painted by yours truly.  Dan did the Santa and I made the festive icicle.  


PPS - to prove to you I wasn't fibbing about the laundry piled up on the bedroom floor untouched since Saturday...it's still there.  #thisismarriedlife


No comments:

Post a Comment