December 28, 2014

We're baaaackkk!

You missed us didn't you?

Sorry for the prolonged delay we've been in Kansas and generally soaking in the holiday.  But tomorrow is Monday and with it reality that Christmas is over and the douldrums of winter have arrived. To cheer you up from that miserable gloom get ready for a mega posts - I call it blog-o-mania.

First up - rewind to last week.

Last Friday (our first day of vacation) Dan and I had our own personal Christmas celebration sharing our first apartment, our first tree, our first December as a married couple. 

Presents arrived all week.  First we got a new powerful microwave from my parents!



Then Dan surprised me with 3-wick candles. My favorite!


Mandy got us a cute storage bench to finish the decor in the entryway.  Dan and I put it together lickety-split. 


Then it was time for presents!  We opened gifts to each other and the box of things from my parents.  Dan is ultra difficult to shop for since he is pretty content with everything he has.  I got him some watercolor pencils and a bunch of other random stuff.  He got me a lovely pearl and silver necklace which I LOVE.  






I also got a new outfit for Mandy.




Side note:  I got this American Girl look-alike doll two years ago.  I named her Mandy because she looks like me but it was weird to name a doll after myself.  Luckily I have a twin.  I never had an American Girl doll growing up and it was a real disappointment.  My friend Julia understood my loss and got a bunch of friends to chip in for a gift card for my birthday a couple of years ago.  Now that's a thoughtful gift. 

It was a special first early Christmas as a couple.  The kind of simplicity I hope we'll look back on and treasure. 


Merry Christmas!

1 comment: