August 30, 2019

Check-up: 5 Years

Today Dan and I celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary! Such a short time ago but it feels like a lifetime!


We are on our way to Cape May today for a little weekend getaway to the place where we had our Homey-moon five years ago!!! Crossing our fingers for good beach weather!


Today, I'm posting our little relationship check-up. I tried to do this every 6 months but I missed it in February (dang!). But rather than getting upset about it, I changed the rules. I make the rules, so that's okay. Now we'll just do them once a year on our anniversary.

See our previous check-ups here:
6 months
1 year
18 months
2 years
2 1/2 years
3 years
3 1/2 years
4 years

We always answer the same set of questions but we do it separately and we don't look at previous answers, so similarities are coincidental.

5 years:

1) What is your favorite memory of the last year?

Dan: Storybook land 
Steph: Going to Storybook Land for the first time. Such a magical family memory.

2) What is your favorite part of parenthood so far?

Dan: Watching Kippy play and learn new things 
Steph: Experiencing new things with Kip for the first time.

3) Something you weren't expecting about parenthood.

Dan: How simple things are so enjoyable for Kippy, like just walking around the block
Steph: How truly deeply I now understand the phrase: "the days are long but the years are short."

4) Something you were pleasantly surprised by about parenthood.

Dan: The joyful feeling I get when Kippy gives me a hug before I leave for work in the morning.
Steph: How Kip's personality mirrors our own

5) Something you learned about your partner after becoming a parent.

Dan: How she will get up in the night to comfort Kip and even spend the night in his room, sacrificing a full night's sleep for him
Steph: How willing he is to sacrifice for both Kip and I. No hold backs.

6) Something to work on as a parent and a partner.

Dan: Learn how to cook more meals
Steph: Don't tally just accept that we're both good at different things and that helps balance

7) Something to look forward to.

Dan: Cape May and sleeping in on our trip
Steph: Cape May!

8) Favorite thing about your partner right now.

Dan: Steph's desire to make bucket lists and plan fun adventures for us
Steph: When he snuggles me in the morning to warm me up from the air conditioned room

No comments:

Post a Comment