September 9, 2015

Check-up: One Year (and our date-iversary)

Six months ago we answered these eight questions about our relationship and we thought it would be neat to answer them every six months to see how things change.  Our first check-up was back here.  Here is our 12 month survey.   We didn't re-read our answers from six months ago so any repetition is purely honest.

1) What is your favorite memory of the last six months?

Dan:  Our trip to Wildwood, New Jersey.  The beach, water park, 50s bed & breakfast, mini golf and that I beat you in the spy laser maze!
Steph:  Our trip to Chicago to visit Mandy.  I really like how you and her are building a relationship too. 

2) What is your favorite part of married life so far?

Dan: Better Food! Also, I think how we believe in each other and encourage each other.
Steph: The company.  I sort of always considered myself a loner and I do like alone time but I truly treasure your company.  I miss you even when we are away at work.  Your company completes me.

3) Something you weren't expecting about married life

Dan: How much more time it takes to maintain a home versus bachelorhood.
Steph: How much it can bring out my control freak habits. 

4) Something you are pleasantly surprised by about married life

Dan: How we are able to make simple things special from lunch love notes, to fun adventures, and to the long walks.   
Steph:  How fun it is!  This first year had ups and downs but when I think back on it I can only see the good parts and I'm proud of how well we managed the newlywed year. 

5) Something you didn't know about your partner before marriage

Dan:  How great an interior decorator Steph is. 
Steph:  He has a sensitive soul.  A romantic.  He feels things deeply and that is a special trait not often found in a guy.

6) Something to work on

Dan:  Getting back on the exercise track
Steph:  Making a baby

7) Something to look forward to

Dan:   Seeing family in October, November and December!
Steph:  Christmas!  I love making Christmas memories with you.

8) Favorite thing about your partner right now

Dan:   How you snuggle me at just the right times and lift my spirits. 
Steph: How helpful you are to me.  You always offer to help with the chores and even do the laundry all on your own.  You do so many big and little things that makes my life a little less stressful.


This is the plate we painted together last week on our anniversary.  It is imperfectly perfect.  

P.S. Today is September 9th...that's our date-iversary.  Three years ago Dan and I went sat together on a park bench and had a long conversation about feelings and expectations.  At the end of the chat we decided to start dating.  And look where we are today!  This is what we did on our date-iversary last year

No comments:

Post a Comment