March 31, 2017

Peeks from the Week

It's been a good week. Not because every day was perfect but because we had some really positive moments and I'm trying harder to really emphasize those more in my life so that when I look back on a week I don't immediately gravitate towards the negative.

Monday night was my last night of tap dance until after the baby. I decided to stop after 20 weeks because holy wow it's exhausting and I need a rest. Turned out, no one else showed-up for class so it ended up being a private lesson. My teacher did not go easy on me but I was proud that I kept up and improved some technique. My legs felt like you could pull them out like you can with a Barbie doll, but I finished on a high note.

Also on Monday I finally got a legitimate meeting with HR to discuss my unconventional maternity leave plan. It ended up being a good conversation and a huge relief to have that out of the way.

On Wednesday the sun came out. And while it's not quite my idea of spring warm, it's getting there and the flowers think so too.


Back in the fall, Dan and I graduated from weekly marital counseling to monthly check-ins. We got an A++ review from our counselor this month about how we are handling the pregnancy and life and it was really encouraging to hear that. We haven't even been trying that hard, just somehow found our grove and planning for the baby has really brought out some positive traits in us.

Last night we hosted our "Table" which is like a small group with new church friends but just fellowship, no study. We had 9 adults and 6 kids under the age of 10 in our apartment for a taco bar! It was chaos but instead of freaking out, I'm learning every day to let things go and it's becoming a lot easier. We had fun.


Our IKEA boxes were delivered and I got a box of maternity clothes in the mail from Dan's cousin. Happy mail for sure.

My friend won tickets to the NYC Baby Expo in May (I entered but didn't win) but she decided she didn't want to go so she passed her tickets to us! Initially I didn't think we could make it due to previous commitments but Dan worked some magic and we're going! Free swag here we come!

And I'm 60% sure I felt the baby move yesterday. It was so faint and I haven't felt it since but it really felt like a little wiggle and a kick. Fingers crossed!!!

And because I am who I am, and I don't want the universe to smite my good mood, here are some not so good things from this week. 1) I sliced open my finger chopping onions 2) I snapped at Dan for not running quickly enough to me after I sliced said finger 3) The dentist had to take 5 molds of my mouth for aligners, 3 more than necessary because I am a claustrophobic maniac and flipped out causing them to have to redo the mold. 4) It's cold and raining today. 

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment