March 17, 2017

Peeks from the Week

Well, this week was not my favorite. Stress and hormones are mixing together in epic proportions for lots of lovely emotions.

Monday and Tuesday were good. I did, in fact, end up getting a snow day on Tuesday which was thrilling. Dan and I stayed up until 1 am on Monday night finishing our puzzle while snacking on our favorite stove-top popcorn.



We got to sleep-in on Tuesday and although Dan had to work for home, it was still fun to laze around on a weekday together.



The snow wasn't as bad as they predicted but there was freezing rain on top of the snow so everything is pretty sloppy outside and will remain that way until the temperatures get warm enough to significantly melt things. This is what most of the sidewalks still look like:


Lovely.

On Wednesday we got up at 5 am to get into the city for my 7:30 am OB appointment. Somehow we managed to get there 30 minutes before the office even opened. Although I was the first appointment of the day, my Dr. remained relatively unpleasant. It's hard because I feel like I don't particularly like her but we can't switch now and bottom line is she is capable and competent which is enough I suppose? She just makes me feel really stupid for asking relevant questions. And, it's not like I'm asking stupid questions. Dan agrees, she doesn't have great bedside manner.

Anyways, the appointment went fine and all seems well. I still haven't felt the baby moving yet although it's possible I have and just assumed it was gas bubbles or something else.

Dan and I got to share breakfast together after the appointment before we headed to work. Later that day, with my confidence already bruised, I had a meeting with HR to finally talk to someone about maternity leave. You cannot imagine the unexplained difficulty I had getting that arranged. I left that meeting with more questions than answers and more discouraged than ever. So I had a good cry in the ladies restroom and carried on with the rest of the day.

On Thursday we had our special anatomy ultrasound at the hospital. I'll do a tiny reveal on Tuesday. All our family knows but I wanted to do a little recap of the experience next week.

I accidentally threw my expensive Invisilign retainers away after lunch yesterday and didn't notice until it was too late. So yeah, that was a high point. We did have a pleasant gathering of new friends over last night for our Table with church. It was a bit crammed in our apartment with 7 adults, a 2 year old, and a newborn but we had fun.



And today it's Friday, finally. I just really need the spring weather to return and bring with it a more sunny disposition.

2 comments:

  1. Is the company you work for a part of the federal government? If so, email me & I'll share the types of leave available for government employees. I've taken leave without pay each time I've done maternity leave. God has a plan for you and your sweet baby. I'll be praying for peace and encouragement for you! Can't wait to find out the gender of Baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reba. Unfortunately, it's a private non-profit but I'm figuring things out slowly and you're right, God has a plan. Thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete