March 20, 2017

Weekending it

Happy Spring?

It's warmer here today than it has been in a good week but it's not the kind of spring welcome I was looking for since we still have snow on the ground. At least Spring is still something to look forward to? I'm trying to be positive.

This weekend we went to a friend's house on Friday night and had St. Patrick's Day corned beef and  cabbage for dinner and played Taboo with them. Good laughs.

On Saturday morning we headed into the city to check out a posh daycare near my office. We mainly went because it was an open house for a brand new location and if you went you could enter to win an Uppababy G-luxe stroller. So, um, no shame I went for that. But, we also wanted to know how the "other half lives" and what child care options are available for the upper class. Oh man, this place was SO nice and not as expensive as we thought it would be. I fell in love, mainly because it was brand new and close to my office. I'll just share one picture because I'm not sure I was even supposed to take pictures.


We discussed at length the benefits of using this daycare and we were pretty well set on it until later in the day when I really took a hard look at the price. Yeah, we can't afford to pay rent twice which is what this would be. But, fingers crossed that we win the stroller.

Afterwards we walked to Chinatown to meet our friends for lunch. They moved to Pittsburgh over a year ago and they were in the city for the day and we managed to meet-up with them last minute at their favorite place known for its soup dumplings.


That afternoon we lounged at home and Dan watched March Madness games. Villanova lost which means my bracket is toast since I had them winning the whole thing. Not that I care or anything.

Sunday we accidentally slept-in until 10 am which is unheard of and we had to skip church since we needed to catch a subway by 10:15 in order to get there on time. This has pretty much never happened since we've almost always had church commitments to maintain but it was really nice to wake up and not feel guilty about missing. We did family church instead which is where Dan reads a passage and we discuss it together and he shares with me some of his extra Bible knowledge.

In the afternoon we went one neighborhood over to a recently converted industrial park where they have opened a Buy Buy Baby and a Bed Bath and Beyond. We just browsed around and looked at strollers and rockers and then we shared a burger and fries for lunch.


It's a pretty open week ahead and I'm always grateful for no-commitment weeks. Come back tomorrow for our gender reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment