March 13, 2017

Weekeding it

Well, we are bracing for a blizzard expected to arrive in early hours of tomorrow morning. I am currently crossing all fingers and toes and praying to God that we get a snow day. The last storm we had they did not close the office so I trekked into work and immediately regretted it. Schools are closed, that should be the precedent.

Anyways, in addition to the approaching storm we've returned to winter temperatures here. How can I possibly be expected to be productive on the weekend when it's 17 degrees outside??? I'm already lacking energy from the baby inside and then when it's brutally cold the only reasonable thing to do is stay in bed, right?

Well, on Saturday Dan and I got up early and headed into the city for a site visit for a leadership program we are in. The site was in Washington Heights which is close to 2 hours away from us via subway so that meant we had to leave our place at 7:30 am. After the site visit we decided to take a detour on the way home and get donuts. I've been craving a maple frosted donut but nothing around us has maple frosted (what's with that?? is it only a Midwestern thing?). So we went to Penn Station hoping the Krispy Kreme would have one. They didn't but I was perfectly satisfied with the chocolate frosted. And yes, we got 6 donuts for 2 people.


When we finally got home we literally laid in bed and watch The Great British Bake-Off for the rest of the day, I was only moderately ashamed.

On Sunday we had church and grocery shopping and we did manage to accomplish a few chores and I cooked a new-to-us recipe for dinner called Polka Dot Lasagna skillet which was quick and yummy.


Then we spent the rest of the night working on a puzzle my mom sent us (my sisters did it at Christmas so she was just passing it along). We think it's about half-way done after 3 solid hours puzzling. I'm excited to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment