March 6, 2017

Weekending it

Winter weather has returned with a vengeance and although we haven't had any snow, 14 degree days are bad enough. Oh how I long for "real" spring. I don't feel like we did much of anything this week but we still managed to be completely exhausted by the end of both days.

On Saturday we took our two little friends E and K to Bounce U. I accidentally discovered one of these popular bounce places near us when I was trolling around google maps. I thought they were only in the suburbs! It was close-by and they had reasonable prices so we decided to take the kids there rather than try to keep them entertained at our apartment. They had a total BLAST and were sad to leave at the end of our hour session. I took a ton of pictures but they were both moving so fast it was hard to get anything that wasn't blurry.





We grabbed pizza afterwards and indulged their wishes to play at the nearby park despite the freezing temperatures. By the time we brought them home and walked back to our place we were exhausted. I feel like the cold weather drains my energy even more than this baby. We lounged the rest of the day watching movies.

Later that night I started the overwhelming process of researching nursery essentials. So.many.things. And Dan caulked the huge crack in our wall that I suddenly became intolerant of seeing and tried of worrying about what creepy crawlers could come in through it. Oh the things Dan does for me at 10 o'clock at night...


Sunday morning we got up a little earlier than our new normal, to get to church for our monthly serving teams. Dan did set-up and welcome and I'm on the brunch team. I got to help make the apple strudel pancakes and wash dishes afterwards. I'm really liking the team I'm on because there is lots of time to chat and get to know people and we both feel good about the connections we've made so far. It was a huge relief for us to be able to plug into a new church community so quickly since it's always been such a big part of our relationship. 

Sunday afternoon disappeared much the same way as Saturday. Waiting for the return of the warm sunny weather and with it the motivation and energy to be productive.

Happy Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment