April 3, 2017

Weekending it

Spring is here!!! Well, temporarily, but I'm happy.

Friday we had an all-day monsoon and Saturday was frigid and windy. But Sunday was sunny and wonderful. Today appears equally as lovely but I'm at my desk all day so I can't say I've enjoyed it but I'm still happy.

It's truly a wonder what a little sunshine can do for my soul. So much more energy and a positive attitude. People have told me that being pregnant in the summertime will be miserable. But, I think I'd rather be miserably pregnant during the best season ever as opposed to miserably pregnant during the worst season ever. And also, maternity dresses are so cute! Bulky coats and sweaters? Not my favorite.

Anyways, we had a packed weekend. Saturday we got up early and were in the city all day for a leadership program. Afterwards we headed to Times Square to get some tickets for a show later this month when Dan's parents are visiting. Dan's cousin, Kaleigh, recommended it so maybe we're in the last row but hopefully it's great.


We had a ton of time to kill but not enough time to get home before our next commitment so we hung out at a crazy crowded Barnes and Noble for a couple of hours. We both looked at two different baby name books hoping to get some boy name inspiration. We both only found one name each that we kind of liked and they were both vetoed by the other person so, no, not successful. Then we went to meet my cousin for dinner!

So, I have a billion cousins. Truly, I don't even know how many. My dad was the youngest of 12 and so most of my first cousins are much other than me and I never really had those cousin bonding experiences playing together as kids. The closest cousin we have in age is 12 years older but I do have very fond memories of being a pest to him as a kid. That's me in the yellow.


He was in the city for business so we met-up with him for barbecue and had great fun. Bummed, I didn't think to get a picture. Afterwards, Dan went out with friends to watch one of the final four basketball games and I headed home, exhausted.

On Sunday we had church and brunch followed by grocery shopping, a subway nap, and an afternoon ice cream treat - our first of the season!


YAY spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment