December 13, 2016

Christmas Song Round-up

I decided to do a couple of Christmas cheer posts to round-up my most favorite Christmas songs.

I love Christmas music so much! It's one of the things that brings me true joy no matter what! Rounding-up my favorites was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. So many to choose from and so many more yet to discover. Today's post is my very tip top favorites. Next week I'll share my other well loved Christmas jams.

First-up, my favorite Christmas Album is Amy Grant's Home for Christmas. It's the only full album of Christmas music I have purchased, multiple times.


This album is basically a family road trip to Iowa/Illinois in music form. It takes me back to SO MANY childhood memories. My favorite song on the album is also my very favorite, grand prize Christmas song of all time.

"Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant


I already shared about my dream for this song last year but it still claims the number one Christmas song in my heart.

Most of my other favorites are non-traditional songs in the sense that they are not the standard remake of Christmas carols (I do have some favorites which are). These are the top five, each of which holds a title of a personal song obsession.

Earning the title of song obsession means I've listened to the song on repeat for no less than 20 times in a row and no greater than infinity. An ultimate song obsession is when I replay my favorite 30-60 second portion of the song an additional 20 times. Most people find this annoying and excessive. Dan's only comment on this phenomenon is that it "happens a lot." 

"Cold December Night" by Michael Buble


This song reminds me of Christmas 2012 when Dan and I had just started dating. We hadn't kissed yet and I loved the line in this song "please just fall in love with me this Christmas...kiss me on this cold December night."

"The Angel Song" by Jaci Velasquez


Sadly, I cannot find the original version of this song on YouTube but you can get it on iTunes. I particularly love the first 45 seconds of this song. I'll listen to this song all year round. It's like a lullaby if you have trouble quieting your mind to go to sleep.

"When Love Came Down" by Point of Grace



I obsessed over this song last Christmas. I love love love 1:20-2:40.

"All I Want for Christmas Is You" by Michael Buble


I like his unique twist on this classic.

"Christmas Lights" by Coldplay


This isn't exactly your typical festive tune but I really loved it in 2013.

What's your all-time grand prize favorite Christmas tune??

3 comments:

  1. Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You". And Point of Grace's "Light of the World." And FFH's "Do you Hear what I Hear?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Mary, Did You Know?"

    ReplyDelete