December 9, 2016

Peeks from the Week

Happy Friday.

Today I'm trying really hard to focus on the things I have to be grateful for, big and small.  For one, I'm grateful for clean running water. Man do we take this for granted. Last night when I got home from work, Dan had hot homemade lasagna straight from the oven. I am grateful for this. While Dan is currently working three days a week, I appreciate that he has dinner on the table when I get home. It's a true treat.

After dinner we discovered the hot water in the apartment was out and everything from the tub to the toilet and sinks were producing brown, chunky water. Yes, you read that right.  It was disgusting (fortunately it was odorless). Not only am I grateful that we generally have clean running water but I am excessively grateful that we are NOT homeowners. We are happy renters and grateful for responsive Supers who work all hours and get whatever the problem was fixed in just a few hours. If this had happened in a house which we owned, neither of us would have known the problem or the solution and would have had to pay out of pocket for it to be fixed and it most definitely would not have happened in a matter of hours on a Thursday night. Yay for renting?!

I am also grateful that the local hotel was booked. We tired to get a room but they were sold out. In hindsight this was a blessing since the problem was resolved by 11 pm. I am grateful that we live two blocks away from a 24/7 Rite Aid where we could get bottled water, face wipes, hand sanitizer, and candy for sustenance. I'm also grateful to Dan for going back to the Rite Aid later to get crunchers and rubber gloves for cleaning the tub, even though his football game was on TV. He is a true servant lover. 

Today I'm grateful it's Friday! We had an uneventful week which meant we spent every night at home. I love when that happens. We got 90% of our Christmas shopping done and I got all our Christmas cards stamped and addressed.


We watched Hairspray Live on Wednesday night. It wasn't all terrible but it had rough moments. The finale number was the best part. I'm trying to figure out why they keep doing these live shows. If they want it to be like Broadway on your TV, it's not. And yet, we watched it.


This weekend is packed with plans as is next week. This time of year is conflicting. So many fun things to do and attend but it's all so tiring for us introverts.

They put Christmas lights on the outside of our apartment building and it makes me really happy.


Also, the gigantic Christmas trees in the lobby at the office make me happy. 


Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I'm glad you have an awesome super and your water troubles weren't worse than they could have been! Running water, a warm bed and a full fridge/pantry and three things I try to remember to be thankful for on a daily basis. I'm so accustom to having them that I sometimes forget how many people don't have the luxury of those things. I hope your weekend is relaxing and uneventful!

    ReplyDelete