December 29, 2016

Christmas wrap-up

I'm sharing our Trip Favorites from our Kansas Christmas

1) Favorite thing you ate
2) Favorite thing you did
3) Favorite thing you got

Dan:
- Ate: Sam's smoked brisket and pulled pork
- Did: Playing 5 Second Rule game
- Got: Star Wars trilogy DVD set

Steph:
- Ate: Sam's smoked brisket
- Did: Day-venture to see Fort Scott and Safari museum
- Got: My hedgehog Pandora bracelet charm

We got back from Kansas on Monday but I took Tuesday as a vacation day as well so we could unpack, go to the store, and settled back into routine. Best idea ever!! We had a little mini belated Christmas morning in Brooklyn. I think we might try to make this tradition.


We got to sleep-in and I made us extremely ugly but tasty Christmas tree pancakes for breakfast.


Then we opened our presents from my family which we managed to save until after Christmas.


We got lots of great stuff and relaxed, played games, and watched movies the rest of the day. I made crock-pot macaroni and cheese for dinner with baked drummies. Yum!


I like to keep the Christmas decorations up until New Years eve just to soak-in the cheer for a bit longer. It's always hard to pack it away the day after.

Come back tomorrow for our 2016 blog in review!

No comments:

Post a Comment