December 12, 2016

Dyker Christmas Lights

Well, winter is here. We had light snow this weekend which is now just rain but it's official, my soul will be partially dead until Spring.

Friday night was freezing cold and windy but we layered up and made the long walk over to the fancy neighborhood next to ours to see the extravagant Christmas lights display. Although our faces were numb with cold, it was our only available time before Christmas and I'm glad we powered through to maintain tradition.

Photo dump!



















Please note the ice cream truck on the lower left in the photo above. Only in Brooklyn. And people were actually getting ice cream. It was below 30 degrees with a wind chill.







Whenever I see this house I think about the line that Cindy Lou Who says in The Grinch, "doesn't it seem like a bit much??"







Every other year we've gone to see with lights with friends. This year it was just us, a little different and bittersweet but no one I'd rather be with than Dan.


It so cold that my fully-charged phone died. It just powered down until I plugged it in and it defrosted!

Dyker Lights 2015
Dyker Lights 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment