December 14, 2016

Saks Light Display

Last night Dan and I had an impromptu evening of city adventures. Our counseling session got cancelled last minute but we decided to stay in the city anyways and run around to see some of the Christmas lights. I'll share some of the other things we did during our Peeks from the Week post on Friday but one experience deserved a post of its own.

Everyone knows about the Rockefeller Christmas tree. Around Rockefeller Center are tons of awesome light displays like storefront windows and office building plaza platforms.




There is Radio City Music Hall


And of course the giant tree itself.


If I was a tree I would be pretty happy to be picked as the iconic tree. But when you see how huge it is and image how old it must be, I feel kind of bad that it got cut down. If I was the tree I might say, "hey, I've still got a century left in me and now I can't even see how 2017 turns out?" Bummer.

Across the plaza from the tree is the Saks Fifth Avenue light display. The Saks display is by far one of the coolest things to see in the city during the Christmas season. It is absolutely epic. I posted a video of the display from two years ago back here.

This year's show was outstanding! The light display is on the exterior of the Saks Fifth Avenue store and is choreographed to music which is blasting loudly from speakers all over the area.

Photo Dump (I was taking a photo approximately every 3 seconds)







































Dan took video of the display. WATCH IT! (pardon the camera movement - we aren't professionals). You can probably find higher quality videos on YouTube but this is what we got. 


Isn't it awesome? It's like a grand finale firework display in my opinion. I could watch it all day. 

If you have the chance to travel to New York City and are debating about when to go, I strongly suggest you come around Christmas. It is so incredibly festive and fun during this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment