December 16, 2016

Peeks from the Week

We've had an extremely busy but fun and festive week. This time of year always fills up so quickly with events but that makes for a hearty Peeks post.

I shared on Wednesday that Dan and I had a fun night in the city on Tuesday. Before we saw the Rockefeller tree and Saks light display, we were in Times Square to check out the wishing spot.


I don't think this a new thing but I had never heard of it before this year. You can write your New Year's wishes on pieces of confetti which they drop in Times Square on New Years Eve. Isn't that awesome?? Imagine your wish floating over Times Square!!



There was no line so we grabbed two pieces of confetti and wrote down our wishes for 2017.


But we can't show you our wishes otherwise they won't come true!


Earlier we had stopped by the box office for Fiddler on the Roof.  The show closes at the end of the month and I wanted to see it before it left (and I needed to see one more show before the end of the year). We'd been planning to get rush tickets some day but now that the cold weather has settled into our area we weren't really hopeful that we could stand outside for two hours. I checked the theater website and it said they had $47 tickets for the back row which was a price we were willing to pay. But rather than buy the tickets online with the added $20 fees, we always go to the box office to get the tickets for face value. See my Broadway on the cheap tips here. Well it turned out the box office had $35 mezzanine tickets (same price as the rush seats) and we got two for Wednesday night!


So we ended up having two nights in the city. Turns out the $35 tickets were awesome seats, we weren't even in the back row and the theater was huge and pretty empty (no one in front of us) so we could see everything. I checked the ticket site afterwards for the listed price of the seats we got and it was $103! It pays to go to the box office! The show was great but I can see why it is closing. The theater had a ton of empty seats and they weren't even using the back third of the mezzanine level. It's a classic show but it has a serious plot so I imagine most people would rather see something lively and fun when they go to the theater (at least that's my preference). But nonetheless the show was wonderful with talented actors and actresses and great music. I'm glad we saw it. I wouldn't say it was one of my favorites but I did enjoy it. The show was three hours long so we didn't get home until midnight. Eek!


Oh and I forgot to mention that over the weekend we spent all day Saturday babysitting our little friends E&K while their mom got some alone time to study for her finals. We hung out with them for over eight hours! We had bought a gingerbread house for them to decorate and I assembled it while Dan played video games with E and K got her fill of Frozen YouTube videos.


Once the house was all put together and ready to decorate, they were only interested in the activity for about 2 minutes...so I ended up decorating most of it by myself. Oh well.



And now it's Friday again! I have my office holiday party tonight and tomorrow I'm hoping to sleep away the day. It is SO COLD here now, like February cold. Okay, so it's not that bad compared to Chicago or the arctic but it's still bitter. 

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

2 comments:

  1. Having your wish on a piece of confetti floating over New York is so cool! It almost makes me want to plan a visit there just so I can write on the confetti! Such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete