December 2, 2015

My Christmas Wish

Boo!  I'm sorry I said I would share our Winter Bucket list today but I forgot to snap a picture of it this morning.  I promise to share it on Friday for Peeks from the Week.  

Instead, here's a get-to-know-you random fact about me. This is my ultimate favorite Christmas album of all time, ever.


I can sing every word of every song and hum all the instrumentals.  I'm thinking we probably had the album on cassette tape at one point.  It was released in 1992.

On road trips to Chicago at Christmastime, my parents would let Mandy and me listen to the CD on repeat.  Jessy, always had her personal CD player and headphones listening to cooler jams...pre iPod days.  Side note: I still have my dead iPod mini circa 2005.  In college, I made a Pandora Amy Grant (Holiday) station and it is still my standard station this time of year. 

This is my favorite Christmas song of all time, ever.  Click here, if the video below isn't working.  It is an original song obsession.


It has always been my secret Christmas wish to sing "Breath of Heaven" as a solo at the Christmas eve service.  In my mind I'm on stage and it's beautiful and I sing so movingly that people are brought to tears.  A truly touching experience.  Literally every year whenever I hear this song I stop and imagine myself doing this.

HA!

In real life if that dream came true it would be classified as a nightmare because
1) I do not sing movingly
2) I do not do solos
3) I do nothing beautifully

But a girl can dream...so it's probably on my unofficial lifetime bucket list, along with learning American Sign language fluently and being the center of a ticker-tape parade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment