December 1, 2015

Welcome December

November was literally a blip.  It went by so so fast because we were so busy with stuff which means December will fly even faster.  We gave ourselves until the end of November to finish our Fall Bucket list which we shared back here.

We almost made it!


1) Visit a new museum.  Dan and I went with a few of my friends to see Teddy Roosevelt's house and museum on Long Island back here.  It still felt like summer then!


2) Go apple/pumpkin picking.  We made our second annual trip to Pumpkin Moon with my friend Stephanie back here.  We still have some apples left in the fridge.


3) See fall leaves at Boscobel.  We enjoyed taking Terri Mom and Allen Dad when they were here to our special place upstate just when the leaves were turning.


4) Bake more in general.  I sort of cheated here.  Originally I said "bake every weekend."  Ha!  Yeah right.  But I did bake more than usual so I allowed myself to check that off.  I mean I made four loaves of pumpkin bread, two loaves of banana bread, sprinkle cookies,  hedgehog cookies, granola, and others.  That's a lot for me.


5) Host poker night.  That was for Dan and he did and had a good time but got no photos.

6) Bike Rides.  Big fat fail.  We missed a couple of great bike days in October and then put the bikes in storage before our fall guests started arriving.  Oh well.

7) Try two new restaurants.  We went to Skinflints with Terri Mom and Allen Dad and then Peter Lugers when my parents were here.  Finally, Dan and I went to Burrito Box during our day-venture in the city.  Check!


8) Fancy romantic date night.  We went to a nice Italian restaurant before we saw the King and I at Lincoln Center back here.  It was all very grown-up.

9) Visit Kaleigh and Kourtney.  Well we didn't see Kaleigh but we did see Kourtney and their apartment so it counts! We will see them both later this month for their Kristmas party.

10) Make time for crafting.  I did several small projects that I showed back here, Dan and I painted wood ornaments together, and we made felt ornaments in Kansas which I mentioned yesterday but didn't show.  Here they are!


Not too bad!  We had fun, that's what counts. Come back tomorrow to see our Winter Bucket List! 

No comments:

Post a Comment