December 3, 2015

Christmas Decorating Details

Linking-up with  Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesdays and Rachel and Astleigh for Every Girl Link-up. 

Christmas is my favorite to decorate for at the apartment.  We have two decoration tubs in the closet, one contains everything for the year and the other is exclusively Christmas.  I'm pretty impressed we get everything in only two tubs.

Last Saturday, we put up all our decor which includes the tree, lots of table runners on all flat surfaces, and hodge podgy decor everywhere else.  My crappy photos can speak for themselves.









We got the card display on clearance last year after Christmas.  It works surprisingly well!

I would really love all the cute holiday throw pillows at TJMaxx right now but we simply can't store extra seasonal pillows.  The solution...throw pillow covers.  I got these cuties on Amazon and they will fold up and pack away so nicely.  


I also added some holiday bling to my tabletop centerpiece based on Astleigh's tutorial.  I only need a tiny Santa hat for my hedgehog, Sneaker.



The kitchen is typically left out of decorating but for December it deserves some Christmas cheer.


Even Foxy Lady is in the spirit with the freebie hat we got at the Rockette's last year.


With no real mantle, the bookcase serves as our chimney.  We got the stockings at Hobby Lobby in Kansas last week!


Our Hopscotch and Honey highlights:


The feltie "Merry" banner is on our apartment door to the hallway.  Just a little cheer.


And that's it.  It's a non-coordinated mis-mash which will never grace the pages of a decorating magazine but it's our home and we like it.

Oh, but you know what's missing?  A hedgehog nativity set.  Checkout the giveaway here

14 comments:

  1. Your décor is sweet and charming! I bet your home feels super cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astleigh. Thanks for the link-up opportunity.

      Delete
  2. This is amazing and oh, so cute! Your apartment SHOULD be featured in a magazine!!! I absolutely love how you've decorated each room! PS- I LOVE the wall sign saying everything is going to be okay. Your apartment rocks! Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reba! You are always so encouraging. *Hugs* across states.

      Delete
  3. I love the table runner and the centerpiece that you made!
    The "Merry" banner on your door is so cute!
    Where did you get the colorful string of lights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel. The retro colored lights I got on Amazon. Just your average outdoor lights.

      Delete
  4. I. LOVE. EVERYTHING. Seriously -- you have the cutest apartment in all of the land. The colorful lights are SO pretty, and everything is super cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky. Decorating small spaces is hard but we made it work.

      Delete
  5. Those paper candy laterns are adorable! Your holiday buntings make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute decorations and I love the card holder and the stockings! We need new stockings terribly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Grab some new stockings on discount after Christmas!

      Delete
  7. I love your Christmas decor, especially the garland made of strips of cloth. So cozy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! I made the garland - super easy. There is a tutorial on the blog

      Delete