June 10, 2014

Recipe: Banana Bread

Whenever I buy a bunch of bananas they last approximately 2 days before they start turning brown. And since I dislike eating a bruised banana I usually stick them in the fridge and let them turn for a few days until I can make banana bread.  Dan is a fan of the banana bread so it is a real treat around these parts, and pretty easy to make.

The stuff
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smash them up real good in a bowl
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (the orange box - I just like to clarify the color of the box because I'm one of those people that has to constantly check to make sure I'm using the right leavening agent) 
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Chopped walnuts (optional)

Get Bakin'
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mixed the smashed bananas and the melted butter in a bowl
- Add the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla
- Sprinkle in the salt and baking soda and mix everything until combined
- Add the flour and stir until incorporated
- Mix-in the walnuts, if desired 
- Pour the batter into a buttered loaf pan
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour
- Cool and serve with cold butter


The original source for this recipe is my Momma or maybe google, I can't remember

1 comment: