October 19, 2015

Weekending it

It's fully fall here today.  Temps in the 50s and thick coats.  I need to get some long sleeved shirt (preferably ones with sleeves the reach at least my wrist).

This weekend was full and filling.  Friday night, straight after work, Dan and I took five of the teens from church to Staten Island for our first fall youth group event.  It was an outdoor go-kart, mini-golf, and batting cages place.  Dan went there for his bachelor party back here.


It was dark and cold but we pretty much had the place to ourselves which was nice.  We did go-karts first. 


I was NOT a fan.  One girl, who was not part of our group, rear-ended me HARD and I had my tongue out at the time (since I was concentrating).  The force caused me to bite down on my tongue and that combined with the head trauma was the worst.  Those cars are dangerous!

We did mini-golf next and it was Dan, me, and our solo high schooler on one team and all the middle-schoolers on the other.  It was a basic course nothing fancy or exciting.  Dan won. 



The batting cages were HARD.  Holy cow I could barely hit the softball at slow pitch.  I blame my cold hands.  The boys loved it and the only other girl in attendance did really well.  Apparently I'm weak.  


Overall a great event.  Everyone had fun and there were no tears from any participants. That's a plus!


Saturday morning I rolled over and there was iced coffee and my favorite donuts on my bedside table!  Dan was already up and doing all the laundry by 9 am.  He is crazy spoiling me lately.

In the afternoon we had plans to go to IKEA and grocery shopping and chores but decided to take a cat nap first.  We never really got out of bed.  I turned on X-Files on Netflix and immediately got hooked.  It's SO 1990s and I love it.  It's like the adult version of Goosebumps.  I think we watched 12 episodes this weekend.  Oops.  Dinner was cereal and eggs. 


On Sunday I had the day off from teaching in the pre-k classroom and was able to attend the adult service which was nice.  After church we worked on small projects and prep for the week.  I finally got rid of our old dining room chairs when cousin Kourtney brought a friend with a car.  I also did some crafting and made some summer sausage.

Dinner was pot pie which looked beautiful and tasted great but the filling boiled out and started burning on the bottom of the oven.  I'm fairly certain our fire alarm isn't working.

We spent the rest of the night watching X-Files.

Stop back tomorrow for Show and Tell Tuesdays: Halloween costumes!!!

2 comments:

  1. You did not cry when you bit your tongue? VERY brave! Who knew that tongues had a jillion nerve endings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately no! I was more concerned with getting my kart out of the way of the girl. But my tongue throbbed for awhile afterwards.

      Delete