October 28, 2015

Rainy Day Random

It's raining today so I thought I'd pop-in and share some randomness.

First off, when people say fall is beautiful they must live in a place where the trees outnumber the buildings.  This weekend when I was in Connecticut I had to admit, it was lovely.  And these are awful photos.  I was in a moving train or car when I took them.





I do not remember fall being pretty like this in Denver.  I recall strictly brown leaves.

But, would someone please explain to me why it being dark at 4:30 in the afternoon is a good thing?  Just one of the many reasons to hate fall.

***

Now this:


Can you read that?  I'll transcribe:

Free Advice
Life is a porcelain teapot factory.  When you are born the factory explodes.  Your task is to put all of the teapots back together.  And if you actually succeed in reassembling a single teapot, you will accidentally leave it out to collect rainwater.  You must then separate all the drops from each other and return them to the water cycle.  This is the most you can hope for.  Also your hands are made of teapots and rainwater.  Also you're blind.  Also the word "vase." Do you feel insecure about how to pronounce it?  Advice probably won't help.  But it might.  Email for free, confidential and compassionate advise.  Like everything else, this is not a joke, but it is funny. 

I saw this on the subway platform.  New Yorkers are funny. 

***

One of the teenagers in the youth group knows my love for hedgehogs and she will send me random texts of things she finds.


Cuteness!!

Speaking of hedgehogs...when we were Upstate with Terri Mom and Allen Dad a couple of weeks ago I got this little guy at at gift shop.


He came with a name already: Ganley.  And he fits in the palm of my hand!

***

Sometimes I throw fits like a three year old and Dan has to console me.  I tell him it's good practice for when we have toddlers.  This particular day I was upset that the pot pie filling boiled over in the oven and filled the apartment with smoke.  He threw all the buddies on top of me and said they were giving me a hug.


***

Most of the time I think fresh flowers are an epic waste of money so I tell Dan not to buy them for me.  But sometimes I really want a bouquet of flowers.  A nice alternative:


Handmade paper cut-out flowers.  Dan made these for me over the weekend and had them on the table when I arrived home from Connecticut.

I'm kind of a spoiled girl.

The day is over halfway done and Momma and Poppa are arriving tonight!! Happy humpy day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment