October 16, 2015

Peeks from the Week

Yay Friday!!!

I'm thrilled that tomorrow is a no-plan day and I can put effort towards regaining perceived control of my life.  We have to deal with the bugs, I need to feed my soul with crafting, we need to get back on the routine bandwagon again.  Gosh we suck at hanging on to that speeding wagon.

I am down lately.  It's the little things that tick me off, like my shirtsleeves being too short.  It annoys me how much that annoys me. When the bigger things in life are out of control I fixate on the smaller things which I should be able to control.  I can't control the sad diagnosis for a family member, broken bones and hospital stays for others, worry for siblings and parents, fear for the future, and pain of the past.  That's life.  But I can control the length of my shirtsleeves, or figure out a way to create fort knox in our apartment against the roaches of the city.  Right?  Right???

I can't control whether people read this blog, like it, or comment.  But I can control how much or how little I care about that and how it determines my self-worth.  It shouldn't.  I can focus on the fact that we started this blog to capture memories so that we can share with family and look back and remember better.  I can decide not to care about how my outfit compares to the woman next to me on the subway and I can choose not to over analyze how I think the person I passed in the hall makes me feel like I'm back in high school and have no self-esteem.

I can turn the music up louder in my ears to block the annoying noises around me and think about the fun times we shared with Terri Mom and Allen Dad this week.  I like how Terri Mom winks and Allen Dad chuckles.  I like how Dan tries soooooo hard to cheer me up.  I can look forward to seeing a good friend next weekend and my parents coming to visit at the end of the month.

Last night when we got home from work there were pretty flowers left from Dan's parents and a sweet note from them.  We had Chipotle for dinner and ice cream for dessert.  Tonight we are taking the youth group to go mini-golf, go-carts, and batting cages and tomorrow is blissful Saturday.


Really, things aren't so bad. 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! So true about choosing not to compare outfits and about letting blogs be a source of memories and not a competition of comments and likes and page views. I can relate so much to this post. Thanks for the reminder to focus on the brighter times in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reba! Hope you have a splendid weekend with your little guys and husband.

      Delete
  2. My Bug, this post is so you, and very true. I have a solution to your shirtsleeve problem. Buy 3/4 sleeve shirts. More than 1/2 my closet is 3/4. Love Bunny

    ReplyDelete