October 2, 2015

Peeks from the Week

I accidentally selected a Christmas station on my Pandora station queue yesterday...and I didn't change it immediately.  Fall is made tolerable with the hope of Christmas.

Also, can we talk about how difficult it is to get out of bed in the morning when it's still dark out and the room is freezing because overnight it decided to become winter? My summer soaked soul is totally in shock with temps in the 50s (which, really, isn't that cold).

So this week we tried to settle into our fall routine which wasn't too successful.  I miss summer.  On Wednesday night we had our first Small Group of the semester.  It's awesome and bittersweet at the same time.  Ever since I started going to Crossroads, almost six years ago, I was a part of Dan's Small Group.  It had many different locations and lots of different people over the years but there was always Dan, me, Janet, and Josh.  Then Janet got married and added Peter to the mix and Josh got married and added Lynn.  Now, Josh and Lynn moved away and Janet and Peter are having a baby so they are taking a break from group.


This photo is from 2010 of our SG at the time.  Look at Dan's hair! Look at my hair!  Such babies.

So Dan is still the leader of a Small Group but this year it is an entirely new mix of people and I'm excited about that.  I am looking forward to learning more from couples older and more experienced than us and also getting to spend some time with people I only get to talk to on occasion.

***

Last night I gathered some crafty supplies and put together a tabletop centerpiece inspired by Astleigh's post last week.  Instead of making mine fall themed, like hers, I opted for something that would go with our dining/living room year round and I used a small string of battery operated twinkly lights instead of a candle.



Also, that hedgehog!!  Is he not just perfect?  I named him Sneaker.


Tonight is homemade pizza night and snuggling-in to watch a movie.  Tomorrow Dan is doing a Children's Ministry meeting in the morning while I stay home and wait for the exterminator.  Oh joy.  Then nails with a friend and then cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney are coming to the hood for Indian food.

Stay warm and dry everyone and triple cross your fingers that "hurricane" Joaquin doesn't hit NYC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment