October 20, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Halloween Costumes

Linking-up with Andrea today to highlight our Halloween Costumes through the years.

This is a picture of me and my sissies circa 1988.  Jessy was a princess and Mandy and I were bunnies. I am the white bunny. 


As I was going through all my old childhood photos, sadly I only came across one other photo of our Halloween costumes.  Fortunately it was probably the best costume combination that Mandy and I ever had.  Raggedy Ann and Andy.  Mandy = Andy, obvs.


This was us in third grade.  The outfits were layered combinations of our clothes, thrift store finds, and dress-up clothes.  Our mom made the yarn wigs.  It was our first Halloween at a new school.  Previously we went to a private Lutheran school and they did not allow Halloween but when we moved over to the Catholic School it was a big deal with classroom parties and everything, so we went all out.

I don't have any other photos of costumes during elementary days but I remember I was a box of crayons in 4th grade, a flapper in 5th grade, a hippie in 6th grade, a picnic in 7th grade (that was a cool costume), and then a black cat in 9th grade:


Fortunately for Dan, he has a few more Halloween costume photos.  His mom made his costumes. Look at how amazing these are:


Batman and a Ninja Turtle. He looks pretty excited.   Both costumes are still entirely relevant choices today!

I'm not sure if Terri Mom made the costume below but it is pretty cute too. 


Now, as adults we've either had youth group parties or friends from church have hosted costume events.  I scrounged these photos up.

Dan as a "Rock Star" back in 2010.


Me as a Banana back in 2011.


I was an ice cream sundae and Dan was a Giant's player in 2013.


And then last year we were the classic combination:  Peanut Butter and Jelly.


This year we don't have any Halloween plans.  No one is having a party.  We can't host again this year since my parents will be in town and we don't have a youth group event.  BUT I was just thinking it would be super cute if we tried to go as Raggedy Ann and Andy.  Maybe next year?

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see all the other costumes that link-up!

4 comments:

  1. Darling costumes!!! My husband snd I havent dressed up since we were 19! Which us a total shame since we have kids lol. Im set on a group costume one of these years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Whitney! Check Amazon for adult costumes. Rasta Impasta makes super fun ones (on Amazon) that hold up really well and would make great dress-up clothes for the girls when they are older.

      Delete
  2. These are so adorable! Do you guys hand out candy? I love Halloweens in Brooklyn with everyone out on their stoops. So much fun!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately no. No one trick-or-treats inside the apartment buildings by us. I was so disappointed when I discovered that upon moving here. Most kids walk up and down the streets with the storefronts and the businesses hand out the candy. There is an area of our neighborhood with houses and I'm sure they have candy there. Guess we'll find out once we have kids!

      Delete