October 5, 2015

Weekending it

Good morning Monday!  Today it only took an extra 5 minutes past my alarm to drag myself out of bed! Success!! Then when I left the apartment someone left a pile of what I can only hope is dog poop in the stairwell.  Sometimes I hate living in New York.

Anyways we had a lovely weekend balanced with fun and relaxation...mostly relaxation.

The weather plummeted on Friday and it was absolutely frigid.  The temps dropped so suddenly that we hadn't taken our A/C out of the window yet and we couldn't due to the rain.  Therefore, extra snuggles were required.  We made homemade pizza for dinner and finished watching a documentary about the archaeological evidence of the Exodus (on Netflix called Patterns of Evidence).  Mandy recommended it and it was really good.  Then Dan rented Avengers Age of Ultron and I proceeded to fall asleep.

Saturday morning Dan had to get around early to lead the Children's Ministry team meeting.  Generally I would have attended except the exterminator was scheduled to come that morning and we didn't want to miss him.  Apparently our ancient next door neighbor fell a couple of weeks ago and was in rehabilitation.  While she was gone a professional cleaning crew had to come-in and deep clean her apartment.  We knew it was bad because it always smelled like urine by her door.  Anyways, I guess her apartment was infested with roaches...like really bad and when the exterminator came to spray all the roaches started running.  You guys, bugs in our apartment is like the most personally offensive thing that could make it's presence in my home.  I don't care what kind of bug it is, it does not belong in my space.  I pride myself on our cleanliness and vigilance at making sure we don't have an environment that is welcoming to insects.  But, it doesn't matter one bit what you do when your next door neighbor has so many bugs that the exterminators are even shocked.

Well, the exterminator came and he told me what we needed to do and assured me that the situation next door was under control and by the end of the month the weather will have killed most everything else off.  In the meantime it's the reality of New York City apartment living.  BOOO.

The rest of Saturday was nice.  I got a pedicure with a friend and then cousins Kaleigh and Kourtney came to visit and we went out for our standard Indian food.  It was great to see them again and hang out.   That night Dan and I watched Philomena which was a lovely film.  Highly recommend.

On Sunday afternoon we watched football, a movie called Insomnia which we both felt like we had seen but couldn't remember what happened.  I crafted and we finished the night with Aunt Judy's Crock-pot potato soup and a documentary about Big Bird.  We love it.  Watch it!  Super heartwarming.  It was on Amazon called I Am Big Bird.

So apparently we watched a lot of TV this weekend and I didn't take any blog worthy pictures unless you want to see a dead roach?  Didn't think so.  Swing by the rest of the week it's a busy linky week.  

1 comment:

  1. I win...I watched 6 movies this weekend and countless Everybody Loves Raymond episodes. Lazy-bones

    ReplyDelete