September 3, 2015

Every Girl Link-up: Fall Decorating Details

Linking-up with Astleigh and Rachel for their Every Girl Link-up today.  The theme is Fall Decor. Follow this link to see all the other decorating details. 

Hill Collection

Well, unlike the rest of the world, I am not a big fan of fall. I shared more about that sentiment here.  I am much more of a summer girl and I really did not want to put-up the fall details until after Labor Day and it was even more difficult to do because we are in a heat wave right now so it is still fully summer here :o).  But, for the sake of September, I put up the decor.  Sigh.

But, it's helping me embrace fall a little bit.

I don't go crazy decorating the apartment (except for Christmas) because we truly do not have the space to store all the accessories throughout the year.  Everything has to fit into one large storage bin, with a separate bin for Christmas.   So, I stand by my tried and true decorating weapon - the table runner.   I also typically keep most of the decorating contained in the living/dining room which gives me three surface spaces for table runner use.


I got the pumpkin runner and leaf runner last year at TJMaxx (they have the best runners).


All my little hedgehogs fit right in with the leaves like a woodland theme (although they are out all year).

The main focal point for decorating is the TV area.  I have my fall garland out which is the first garland I ever made and I have definitely refined the process since then.  This one is looking a little scraggly.  I'll give it a boost this weekend with more fabric. 



I added another fallish table runner (this one is easily five years old) and the pumpkin I got last year at the Brooklyn decorating central: Rite Aid.  HA! 


Added some tiny chalk art and that's about it. 


I'll likely add some more accents here and there once we actually get to fall but for now I'll swallow the season. 

8 comments:

  1. Those table runners are so cute!! Love those! It's looking very festive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! TJMaxx has the best selection for every season/holiday.

      Delete
  2. The twig pumpkin is really cute! Rite aid has the best finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashlee! Surprisingly Rite Aid does have some cute stuff and at typically great prices. Brooklyn doesn't have Michael's so I find decor where I can.

      Delete
  3. For someone who doesn't love fall a whole bunch, you did great decorating and setting the fall tone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Astleigh! Thanks for hosting the link-up and for stopping by my post.

      Delete
  4. I try to hang onto summer as long as I can too!! (It was Astleigh who chose the day for the link-up) haha ;)
    I love your runners, and the cute pumpkin from the Brooklyn Decorating store :)

    ReplyDelete