July 28, 2015

Hold on summer!

I interrupt the regularly positive posts to bring you a gut punch.  Everyone out there hurrying the approach of fall along...STOP!   I strongly dislike you.  It borders hate. 

You have plenty of time for fall scents, sweaters, soups, and pumpkin spice lattes starting in October.  It's still July so let the rest of us enjoy and soak in summer.  I have yet to put my bathing suit on this year so hush-up about the boot weather.

Thanks. 

Mandy and I hate fall. Always truly and forever have and will.  Fall signals the approach of four terrible things: cold, dark, death, and school.  Fortunately I don't have to worry about that pit in the stomach feeling about the approaching school year but I still have sympathy pains for the kids out there that do.

I accept that fall is inevitable and I will embrace its presence at the appropriate seasonal time which is late September, no sooner.  No amount of fall decor, Halloween candy, or pumpkin scented candles can make-up for how depressing it is.  I saw this on Sunday and it made my heart cry.


But I'm not too worried because today is the start of a heat wave - take that fall lovers! 

2 comments:

  1. I FULLY support this post. Why do people rush the beauty and freedoms of summer. If you love fall so much go live in the mountains.

    ReplyDelete